Wednesday, August 15, 2018

   So we pretty much live in the woods. I walk the dogs every day. When it's not Summer there are two female turkeys that hang around the neighborhood. You can see a lot of little rabbits in the woods. One day I was walking down the street and I saw a fox in the middle of the road. Of course it saw me walking two dogs toward it, and it took off into the woods. One night I was outside after midnight I saw a coyote in our neighbors yard.
   I bought a garmin watch so I would know how far everything is. I figured out if we walk all of the way around the neighborhood it's two miles.
   There are some pit bulls. There were two puppies, you can look at them and tell they were brothers. There house has a fence around it. The gate was left wide open. They both came out. The one came up to us from the front. I looked back to see the other sneaking up on us from behind. I recognized the attack formation, and waited for the one coming from the front to get close enough. I kicked it right on the nose.
   The dog flew back and sat on the side of the road stunned. His brother that was sneaking up behind us ran over to check on him. We just kept walking.
   Since then I've gotten pepper spray. The last time we walked by their house the one that I kicked came out. It was fully grown now. Just him. He was starting to chase us, I just reached in my pocket and pulled out the pepper spray. As soon as that dog saw that canister of pepper spray in my hand it sat down at the end of it's driveway.
   The Florida heat and humidity does make the walk difficult. Just about every day I'm covered in sweat. Some days I overdo it and pay for it.
   There is a big bulldog that lives down the street with our closest neighbors. He comes down and plays with the little dogs through the fence. Sometimes when we walk he'll come along. It's kind of funny. He'll get behind the little dogs and kind of nudge them along with his nose.
   There is a horse that lives down the street. Every day Docker yips at him, and he does his little horse dance for him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment